I have a soft top car and whenever the roof is down, there is a massive draft at the back of my neck. So I’ve created this really simply cowl to help keep me warm while I’m driving. The simple rib means that it is stretchy enough to fit over your head easily whilst also fitting snuggly around the neck to keep the draughts out.
I used Size 7 1/2mm needles with around 250 yards of yarn. Any yarn is fine – they grey cowl uses Sirdar Bonus Aran (20% acrylic/80% wool mix.) and the pink cowl uses Wendy Mode’s Aran (50% Pure Merino Wool).
- Cast on 52 stitches loosely (if you knit tightly you may need to increase by 4 or 8 stitches).
- Row 1: *K2, P2* Repeat between * until the end of the row
- Repeat Row 1 your knitting is around 30cm long.
- Cast off loosely
- Sew up 2/3 of the edges to form a circular piece of knit.
- Fold horizontally leaving the top part of the cowl slightly shorter than the section underneath.
- Add some buttons for decoration if you wish.
If you do knit this pattern, please send me photos as I’d love to see them 🙂
If you use this pattern, please consider making a donation to SOFT UK in memory of my daughter. You can donate online here: https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/softuk- Thank you.